Although I do not consider the truth that Jesus is God in the flesh to be the litmus test of one being a Christian, I do have to wonder how anyone could see themselves as being truly evil without this understanding. For example, if to see Jesus is to see God (John 14:9), whom should we see, as Jesus hangs from the cross? When we crucified Jesus, didn’t we crucify God? If not, we certainly are not seeing God when we look at Jesus upon the cross—are we? In my opinion, to the degree we do not see God when we look at Jesus, we lack knowing who God is, because if Jesus is the perfect image of God in human form (Hebrews 1:3), how can we know the invisible, incomprehensible God without seeing Jesus for who he truly is? How is it possible to know God apart from Jesus? Read the rest of this entry »
Greater Love Has No Man…
Search Smoodock’s Blog
Eddie on The Death of the Two Witn… Eddie on The Seven Headed Beast of… Robert on The Death of the Two Witn… Robert on The Seven Headed Beast of… Eddie on What Actually Ended with … Return of Benjamin on What Actually Ended with …
Most Recent Studies
- The Interest in John’s Baptism
- Contending with John
- What Is the Wrath to Come?
- Who Were the Generation of Vipers?
- How Did the Jews Understand Daniel?
- What Actually Ended with John?
- The Message of John the Baptist
- Dating the Ministry of John the Baptist
- Jesus and Samuel the Prophet
- Does Luke Contradict Matthew?
Most Read This Week
- Abraham Acts of the Apostles apologetics atheism Christianity Christmas Epistle to the Galatians Genesis Flood Godhead Gospel Gospel of Luke Jesus Kingdom of God Last Days naturalism New Testament History Old Testament History Paul Paul's 2nd Missionary Journey Paul's 3rd missionary journey Paul First Missionary Journey Paul in bonds Prophecy Redemption Religion salvation spiritual warfare Textual Criticism theory of evolution Walking with God
Possible Subjects of Interest70 Weeks Prophecy Abraham Adam Annas apologetics apostles authority Barnabas Bible birth of Jesus Book of Acts Book of Revelation Chris Christ Christianity circumcision Creator Cross Crucifixion death December 25th end times faith False Doctrine Galatians gentiles God Gospel Gospel of John Grace High Priest Holy Spirit Isaac Jerusalem council Jesus Jesus is God John's Prologue John the Baptist Josephus Judgment Kingdom of God Law Law of Moses Love Luke Mary men from James Messiah morality Moses new atheists Olivet Prophecy Paul Paul's 2nd missionary journey Paul in bonds persecution Peter Pharisees Prophecy Rebellion Redeemer Redemption Religion and Spirituality Resurrection Richard Dawkins Saint Paul Saint Peter salvation Sarah Second Coming Stephen Temple Theophilus theory of evolution Virgin birth
My Visitors Since February 2010:
- 151,041 hits