The Seventy returned from their mission rejoicing in the Lord, and their experiences far exceeded their expectations. They told Jesus that even the demons were subject to them through his name. Indeed, we are engaged in a great spiritual battle. It is the battle of the great day of God Almighty (Revelation.16:14). It is a battle of authority. All authority in heaven and earth has been given to Jesus (Luke 10:22; cf. Matthew 28:18), and he gives this authority to us (Luke 10:18-19; cf. Matthew 28:18-20;). Satan had fallen when Jesus first sent laborers out into the fields to bring in a harvest, and his authority continues to crumble at the preaching of the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. Satan fell, when he first began to lose ground to God. Jesus and his servants fought and Satan and his servants (religious leaders and heads of state) fought (Revelation 12:7-9). Satan began losing the hearts of men at that time and continues to lose today. Read the rest of this entry »
Daily Archives: May 14, 2017
Who is Jesus?
Search Smoodock’s Blog
Eddie on Are There Two Comings of the… tiptopsaidhe on Are There Two Comings of the… Eddie on The Surprising Power of False… Dave White on The Surprising Power of False… Eddie on The Surprising Power of False… Dave White on The Surprising Power of False…
Most Recent Studies
- Did Jesus’ Kingdom Come on Pentecost?
- Receiving the Chief Publican
- When Was the Apocalypse Written?
- The Little Man Who Couldn’t See
- The Second Coming and Revelation 11
- Zacchaeus, the Chief Tax Collector
- What Was ‘About to’ Occur in Paul’s Day
- Lord, that I May See
- Jesus Coming in Judgment and to Rule
- A Contradiction in Luke?
Most Read This Week
- Abraham apologetics atheism Christianity Christmas Epistles of Peter Epistle to the Galatians Eschatology Genesis Flood Godhead Gospel Gospel of Luke Jesus Kingdom of God Last Days naturalism New Testament History Paul Paul's 2nd Missionary Journey Paul's 3rd missionary journey Paul First Missionary Journey Paul in bonds Prophecy Redemption Religion salvation spiritual warfare Textual Criticism theory of evolution Walking with God
Possible Subjects of Interest70 AD 70 Weeks Prophecy Abraham Adam Annas apologetics apostles authority Barnabas birth of Jesus Book of Acts Chris Christ Christianity circumcision Cross Crucifixion death end times faith False Doctrine false teachers Galatians gentiles God Gospel Gospel of John Grace healing High Priest Holy Spirit Isaac Jerusalem Jerusalem council Jesus Jesus is God Jewish authorities Jews John the Baptist Josephus Judgment Kingdom of God Law Law of Moses Love Luke Mary Messiah Moses Olivet Prophecy Paul Paul's 2nd missionary journey persecution Peter Pharisees power prayer Prophecy Rebellion Redeemer Redemption Religion and Spirituality repentance Resurrection Saint Paul Saint Peter salvation Satan Second Coming sin Stephen Temple Theophilus theory of evolution unbelief
- 215,857 hits