It is important for us to realize that Jesus at this time is not traveling to Jerusalem (Luke 9:51) in order to die there, as so many Bible commentaries suppose. Rather, Jesus set his face as a flint to go to Jerusalem (Luke 9:51) in order to confront the religious authorities about his office as Messiah, and this happened to be the time of his third Passover of his public ministry. The Galilean Jewish authorities had already rejected Jesus as their Messiah (Luke 6:11; cf. Matthew 12:14, 23-24; Mark 3:22), and considered his claim to be demonic, or, put another way, evidence of insanity (Mark 3:21; cf. John 10:20). Nevertheless, Jerusalem hadn’t the opportunity to officially reject him, although they hadn’t shown any signs of receiving him as their Messiah up to this visit, either. Read the rest of this entry »
Who is Jesus?
Search Smoodock’s Blog
Eddie on Understanding Prophetic Langua… Dave White on Understanding Prophetic Langua… Eddie on Premillennialism–Kingdom… librarygeek on Premillennialism–Kingdom… Eddie on The Lord Comes Suddenly to His… Bill on The Lord Comes Suddenly to His…
Most Recent Studies
- The End of the World
- Is Experience Better Evidence for Truth?
- The End of All Things Is at Hand
- The Rich Man and Resurrection
- Who Were the Scoffers?
- Who Is the Rich Man?
- Why Would the Scoffers Ridicule Peter?
- What Was the Sin of the Pharisees?
- Ignoring the Time Statements
- Jesus’ Command to Make Friends
Most Read This Week
- Abraham apologetics atheism Christianity Christmas Epistles of Peter Epistle to the Galatians Eschatology Genesis Flood Godhead Gospel Gospel of Luke Jesus Kingdom of God Last Days naturalism New Testament History Paul Paul's 2nd Missionary Journey Paul's 3rd missionary journey Paul First Missionary Journey Paul in bonds Prophecy Redemption Religion salvation spiritual warfare Textual Criticism theory of evolution Walking with God
Possible Subjects of Interest70 Weeks Prophecy Abraham Adam Annas apologetics apostles authority Barnabas birth of Jesus Book of Acts Chris Christ Christianity circumcision Cross Crucifixion death end times faith False Doctrine false teachers Galatians gentiles God Gospel Gospel of John Grace High Priest Holy Spirit Isaac Jerusalem Jerusalem council Jesus Jesus is God Jewish authorities Jews John the Baptist Josephus Judgment Kingdom of God Law Law of Moses Love Luke Mary Messiah Moses Olivet Prophecy Passover Paul Paul's 2nd missionary journey persecution Peter Pharisees power prayer Prophecy Rebellion Redeemer Redemption Religion and Spirituality repentance Resurrection righteousness Saint Paul Saint Peter salvation Sarah Satan Second Coming sin Stephen Temple Theophilus theory of evolution
- 201,394 hits