I am presently considering Peter’s words at 2Peter 3:8, where Peter mentions that a day with the Lord is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day. Lots of folks, all futurists with respect to the coming of the Lord, want to use Peter’s words to explain the long delay in Jesus coming, as perceived by them, due to their erroneous eschatology. By ignoring the specific timeframe Peter placed upon the coming of Christ in his first epistle (cf. 2Peter 3:1), they make grandiose eschatological claims for an end of the universe and the end of time. The problem is they have no Biblical support for their overactive imaginations, so, in an effort to seem Biblically sound they redefine God’s word to fit their failed eschatological system. Read the rest of this entry »
Who is Jesus?
Search Smoodock’s Blog
Eddie on Are There Two Comings of the… tiptopsaidhe on Are There Two Comings of the… Eddie on The Surprising Power of False… Dave White on The Surprising Power of False… Eddie on The Surprising Power of False… Dave White on The Surprising Power of False…
Most Recent Studies
- Did Jesus’ Kingdom Come on Pentecost?
- Receiving the Chief Publican
- When Was the Apocalypse Written?
- The Little Man Who Couldn’t See
- The Second Coming and Revelation 11
- Zacchaeus, the Chief Tax Collector
- What Was ‘About to’ Occur in Paul’s Day
- Lord, that I May See
- Jesus Coming in Judgment and to Rule
- A Contradiction in Luke?
Most Read This Week
- Abraham apologetics atheism Christianity Christmas Epistles of Peter Epistle to the Galatians Eschatology Genesis Flood Godhead Gospel Gospel of Luke Jesus Kingdom of God Last Days naturalism New Testament History Paul Paul's 2nd Missionary Journey Paul's 3rd missionary journey Paul First Missionary Journey Paul in bonds Prophecy Redemption Religion salvation spiritual warfare Textual Criticism theory of evolution Walking with God
Possible Subjects of Interest70 AD 70 Weeks Prophecy Abraham Adam Annas apologetics apostles authority Barnabas birth of Jesus Book of Acts Chris Christ Christianity circumcision Cross Crucifixion death end times faith False Doctrine false teachers Galatians gentiles God Gospel Gospel of John Grace healing High Priest Holy Spirit Isaac Jerusalem Jerusalem council Jesus Jesus is God Jewish authorities Jews John the Baptist Josephus Judgment Kingdom of God Law Law of Moses Love Luke Mary Messiah Moses Olivet Prophecy Paul Paul's 2nd missionary journey persecution Peter Pharisees power prayer Prophecy Rebellion Redeemer Redemption Religion and Spirituality repentance Resurrection Saint Paul Saint Peter salvation Satan Second Coming sin Stephen Temple Theophilus theory of evolution unbelief
- 215,855 hits