Peter describes the coming of the Day of the Lord as “a thief in the night” (2Peter 3:10)! However, the context of the sudden coming of that day would be in the light of the fact that Peter mentioned that he was merely reminding his readers of what he had already told them in his first epistle (2Peter 3:1). In other words, the Day of the Lord, which would come as a thief, would occur in Peter’s reader’s generation (1Peter 1:9-13), and they were living in what is known as the last days (1Peter 1:5), and those days would be complete “in a little while” (1Peter 1:6), because Jesus was at that time ready to judge the living and the dead (1Peter 4:5, 17), since the end of all things was at hand (1Peter 4:7), and the Kingdom of God was about to be revealed (1Peter 5:1). Read the rest of this entry »
Who is Jesus?
Search Smoodock’s Blog
Eddie on Are There Two Comings of the… tiptopsaidhe on Are There Two Comings of the… Eddie on The Surprising Power of False… Dave White on The Surprising Power of False… Eddie on The Surprising Power of False… Dave White on The Surprising Power of False…
Most Recent Studies
- Did Jesus’ Kingdom Come on Pentecost?
- Receiving the Chief Publican
- When Was the Apocalypse Written?
- The Little Man Who Couldn’t See
- The Second Coming and Revelation 11
- Zacchaeus, the Chief Tax Collector
- What Was ‘About to’ Occur in Paul’s Day
- Lord, that I May See
- Jesus Coming in Judgment and to Rule
- A Contradiction in Luke?
Most Read This Week
- Abraham apologetics atheism Christianity Christmas Epistles of Peter Epistle to the Galatians Eschatology Genesis Flood Godhead Gospel Gospel of Luke Jesus Kingdom of God Last Days naturalism New Testament History Paul Paul's 2nd Missionary Journey Paul's 3rd missionary journey Paul First Missionary Journey Paul in bonds Prophecy Redemption Religion salvation spiritual warfare Textual Criticism theory of evolution Walking with God
Possible Subjects of Interest70 AD 70 Weeks Prophecy Abraham Adam Annas apologetics apostles authority Barnabas birth of Jesus Book of Acts Chris Christ Christianity circumcision Cross Crucifixion death end times faith False Doctrine false teachers Galatians gentiles God Gospel Gospel of John Grace healing High Priest Holy Spirit Isaac Jerusalem Jerusalem council Jesus Jesus is God Jewish authorities Jews John the Baptist Josephus Judgment Kingdom of God Law Law of Moses Love Luke Mary Messiah Moses Olivet Prophecy Paul Paul's 2nd missionary journey persecution Peter Pharisees power prayer Prophecy Rebellion Redeemer Redemption Religion and Spirituality repentance Resurrection Saint Paul Saint Peter salvation Satan Second Coming sin Stephen Temple Theophilus theory of evolution unbelief
- 215,855 hits