Before the nobleman of the Parable of the Pounds went off to a far country to receive a kingdom, he gave to each of his servants a mina, which in previous studies we have found to mean faith. It is the currency of the Kingdom of God. Nevertheless, one of the nobleman’s servants never used the mina (G3414) that his master had given him to carry out his business (Luke 19:20). Rather, he saved it by wrapping it up in a napkin to give to his master upon his return. In the language of the Kingdom of God, this servant never acted in faith, never used the Kingdom’s currency. Read the rest of this entry »
Who is Jesus?
Search Smoodock’s Blog
Anne on How Long Did Paul Persecute… Eddie on How Long Did Paul Persecute… Anne on How Long Did Paul Persecute… Anne on How Long Did Paul Persecute… Eddie on How Long Did Paul Persecute… Anne on How Long Did Paul Persecute…
Most Recent Studies
- It Is Not Given for Them to Understand!
- Are YOU the King of the Jews?
- With the Sound of a Trumpet
- The Charges Against Jesus
- When Did the Old Covenant End?
- Jesus’ Trial Before the Whole Sanhedrin
- A Very Weak Argument for Division
- Peter Denies Knowing Jesus
- Is ‘But’ the Continental Divide?
- The Disciples Forsook Jesus
Most Read This Week
- 70 AD Eschatology Abraham apologetics atheism Christianity Christmas Epistles of Peter Epistle to the Galatians Eschatology Godhead Gospel Gospel of Luke Jesus Kingdom of God Last Days naturalism New Testament History Paul Paul's 2nd Missionary Journey Paul's 3rd missionary journey Paul First Missionary Journey Paul in bonds Prophecy Redemption Religion salvation spiritual warfare Textual Criticism theory of evolution Walking with God
Possible Subjects of Interest70 AD 70 Weeks Prophecy Abraham Adam Annas apologetics apostles authority Barnabas birth of Jesus Book of Acts Chris Christ Christianity circumcision Cross Crucifixion death end of the age end times faith False Doctrine false teachers gentiles God Gospel Gospel of John Grace High Priest Holy Spirit Isaac Jerusalem Jesus Jesus is God Jewish authorities John the Baptist Josephus Judgment Kingdom of God Law Law of Moses Love Luke Mary Messiah Moses Olivet Prophecy Passover Paul Paul's 2nd missionary journey persecution Peter Pharisees physical power prayer Prophecy Rebellion Redeemer Redemption repentance Resurrection Sadducees Saint Paul salvation Sanhedrin Satan Second Coming sin spiritual Stephen Temple Theophilus theory of evolution unbelief
- 248,150 hits