As the New Covenant was inaugurated with the passing of the bread and the wine, Jesus broke what was perhaps the moment of contemplative silence with the words: “… the hand of him who betrays me is with me on the table” (Luke 22:21). This time instead of saying to Jesus, “Is it I,” the apostles’ inquiries were directed toward one another. “Who could this be? Is it you, James or you John? The two of you are impulsive and have moments of terrible anger, wanting to call fire down from heaven to destroy people. Is it one of you? Perhaps is it you, Matthew. You were a tax collector, whose business was full of deceit. Deception would be easy for you. Is it you” (cf. Luke 22:23)? Read the rest of this entry »
Daily Archives: June 19, 2018
Who is Jesus?
Search Smoodock’s Blog
Eddie on The Millennium and the Bottoml… Robert the servant o… on The Millennium and the Bottoml… Eddie on Every Eye Will See Him intanglegary on Every Eye Will See Him Eddie on Why These Seven Churches? Patricia Watkins on Why These Seven Churches?
Most Recent Studies
- The Glorified Christ as Judge
- The Glorified Christ as One Like God
- The Glorified Christ as High Priest
- The Great Voice Is the Glorified Christ
- Why These Seven Churches?
- In the Spirit on the Lord’s Day
- The Importance of Context
- Jesus’ Coming with the Clouds
- Every Eye Will See Him
- John’s Testimony Regarding Jesus
Most Read This Week
- 70 AD Eschatology Abraham Apocalypse apologetics atheism Book of Revelation Christianity Christmas Epistles of Peter Epistle to the Galatians Eschatology Godhead Gospel Gospel of Luke Jesus Kingdom of God Last Days naturalism New Testament History Paul Paul's 2nd Missionary Journey Paul's 3rd missionary journey Paul in bonds Prophecy Religion salvation spiritual warfare Textual Criticism theory of evolution Walking with God
Possible Subjects of Interest70 AD 70 Weeks Prophecy Abraham Adam Annas apologetics apostles authority Barnabas Book of Acts Chris Christ Christianity circumcision Cross Crucifixion death end of the age end times faith False Doctrine forgiveness God Gospel Gospel of John Grace High Priest Holy Spirit Isaac Jerusalem Jesus Jesus is God Jewish authorities John the Baptist Josephus Judgment Kingdom of God last days Law Law of Moses Love Luke Mary Messiah Moses Olivet Discourse Olivet Prophecy Passover Paul Paul's 2nd missionary journey persecution Peter Pharisees physical power prayer Prophecy Rebellion Redeemer repentance Resurrection Sadducees Saint Paul salvation Sanhedrin Satan Second Coming sin spiritual Stephen Temple Theophilus theory of evolution unbelief worldview
- 290,688 hits