As Judas’ betrayal took place, and when the apostles saw there was danger, they asked the Lord for their orders. They were not afraid. They were willing to fight, even with only two swords (Luke 22:38) against the multitude! While Judas would feel comfortable in today’s media, draining funds away from the Lord’s use to spread the Gospel, so he might support his own cause, Peter would have loved to lead a crusade. Both attitudes are wrong and do not serve God. One would steal in the name Christ, the other would kill in his name. Judas would exploit Christ for his own ends, while Peter would make presumptions upon his Master’s will and risk all for victory. While abiding in Christ (John 15:1-7) one does not act out of Adam’s strength or use this world’s methods (Matthew 26:52). Read the rest of this entry »
Who is Jesus?
Search Smoodock’s Blog
Eddie on The Millennium and the Bottoml… Robert the servant o… on The Millennium and the Bottoml… Eddie on Every Eye Will See Him intanglegary on Every Eye Will See Him Eddie on Why These Seven Churches? Patricia Watkins on Why These Seven Churches?
Most Recent Studies
- The Glorified Christ as Judge
- The Glorified Christ as One Like God
- The Glorified Christ as High Priest
- The Great Voice Is the Glorified Christ
- Why These Seven Churches?
- In the Spirit on the Lord’s Day
- The Importance of Context
- Jesus’ Coming with the Clouds
- Every Eye Will See Him
- John’s Testimony Regarding Jesus
Most Read This Week
- 70 AD Eschatology Abraham Apocalypse apologetics atheism Book of Revelation Christianity Christmas Epistles of Peter Epistle to the Galatians Eschatology Godhead Gospel Gospel of Luke Jesus Kingdom of God Last Days naturalism New Testament History Paul Paul's 2nd Missionary Journey Paul's 3rd missionary journey Paul in bonds Prophecy Religion salvation spiritual warfare Textual Criticism theory of evolution Walking with God
Possible Subjects of Interest70 AD 70 Weeks Prophecy Abraham Adam Annas apologetics apostles authority Barnabas Book of Acts Chris Christ Christianity circumcision Cross Crucifixion death end of the age end times faith False Doctrine forgiveness God Gospel Gospel of John Grace High Priest Holy Spirit Isaac Jerusalem Jesus Jesus is God Jewish authorities John the Baptist Josephus Judgment Kingdom of God last days Law Law of Moses Love Luke Mary Messiah Moses Olivet Discourse Olivet Prophecy Passover Paul Paul's 2nd missionary journey persecution Peter Pharisees physical power prayer Prophecy Rebellion Redeemer repentance Resurrection Sadducees Saint Paul salvation Sanhedrin Satan Second Coming sin spiritual Stephen Temple Theophilus theory of evolution unbelief worldview
- 290,604 hits