Pagan Myths & Jesus
How much truth is there, really, in what some critics claim are similarities between Jesus and pagan mythical figures? I did a few studies earlier. Click on the desired topics and see what I have found.
- Jesus Copied Mithraism? (a reply to a reader who claimed the writers of the NT copied Mithras a god / hero of the Roman military)
- Jesus, the Mithras and December 25th
- The New Testament and Syncretism
- Jesus and Krishna
- Jesus and Attis
- Jesus and Horus
- Jesus and Zoroastrianism
- Jesus and Gautama – The Buddha
- Jesus and Dionysus
- The ‘Virgin Births’ of Other Faiths
- Monotheism v/s Polytheism
- Why the Silence?
Polytheism represents and entirely different worldview than does monotheism. To claim that monotheism copied from a polytheist worldview is illogical. Euripides wrote a play called The Bacchae in which he depicted two worldviews in conflict–that of polytheism and the understanding of many contradictory forces (gods) account for our world against that of reason where one cause accounts for what we see which was the opinion of the great philosophers. The Bacchae was a play, but it played out a historical scenario which can be applied to both Judaism and Christianity.