It is often presumed by Biblical scholars that, because the Apostles presumed Jesus was a spirit and Jesus’ statement that he was not a spirit (Luke 24:37, 39) confirms the doctrine that there are indeed disembodied spirits, but this is a very poor interpretation of the text. For example, the Lord’s mention of the gods in the Old Testament cannot be construed to mean there are actually gods like Molech, Baal, or Chemosh etc. When one wishes to expose the lies of a false doctrine, one often needs to refer to the lie by name. This is what Jesus did. The Pharisees believed in spirits of the dead (Acts 23:9) and, therefore, would have taught the people so. Jesus’ invitation for the disciples to touch him and place their fingers in his wounds was meant, not only for them to believe he was risen indeed, but to expose the Pharisees’ false doctrine for what it was. Read the rest of this entry »
Who is Jesus?
Search Smoodock’s Blog
Eddie on The Apocalypse and the Tr… Douglas Gordon on The Apocalypse and the Tr… Eddie on What John Prophesied apocalypse2blog on What John Prophesied Eddie on What John Prophesied apocalypse2blog on What John Prophesied
Most Recent Studies
- Responsibility For the Witnesses Deaths
- Fire-Breathing Witnesses!
- Who Are the Two Witnesses?
- What Did the Two Witnesses Witness?
- The Holy City Is Trodden Down
- Measure the Temple of God
- What John Prophesied
- The Mysteries of Godliness and Iniquity
- The Mysteries of God
- Wanabee Prophets and the Apostles
Most Read This Week
- 70 AD Eschatology Abraham Apocalypse apologetics atheism Book of Revelation Christianity Christmas Epistles of Peter Epistle to the Galatians Eschatology Godhead Gospel Gospel of Luke Jesus Kingdom of God Last Days naturalism New Testament History Paul Paul's 2nd Missionary Journey Paul's 3rd missionary journey Paul in bonds Prophecy Religion salvation spiritual warfare Textual Criticism theory of evolution Walking with God
Possible Subjects of Interest70 AD 70 Weeks Prophecy Abraham Adam Annas apologetics apostles authority Book of Acts Chris Christ Christianity circumcision Cross Crucifixion death end of the age end times faith False Doctrine false teachers God Gospel Gospel of John Grace High Priest Holy Spirit Isaac Jerusalem Jesus Jesus is God Jewish authorities John John the Baptist Josephus Judgment Kingdom of God last days Law Law of Moses Love Luke Mary Messiah Moses Olivet Discourse Olivet Prophecy Passover Paul Paul's 2nd missionary journey persecution Peter Pharisees physical power prayer Prophecy Rebellion Redeemer repentance Resurrection Sadducees Saint Paul salvation Sanhedrin Second Coming sin spiritual Stephen Temple Theophilus theory of evolution truth unbelief worldview
- 318,688 hits