Jesus taught the Apostles in Jerusalem, or more specifically on the Mount of Olives how to pray (Luke 11:1-4). Matthew, also, has Jesus teach a similar prayer to his disciples in Galilee near the beginning of his public ministry. In Matthew’s narrative Jesus teaches the Apostles on a mountain probably near Capernaum during what is called the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 6:9-13). Matthew places the context of Jesus’ prayer over against the ‘hypocrisy’ of those who love to be seen praying in public(Matthew 6:5-7). On the other hand, Luke has Jesus teach the Apostles this prayer, while they were in Judea celebrating the Passover. The context there was ignorance. The disciples came to Jesus in Luke, while Jesus called his disciples to him in Matthew. Read the rest of this entry »
Who is Jesus?
Search Smoodock’s Blog
Eddie on Understanding Prophetic Langua… Dave White on Understanding Prophetic Langua… Eddie on Premillennialism–Kingdom… librarygeek on Premillennialism–Kingdom… Eddie on The Lord Comes Suddenly to His… Bill on The Lord Comes Suddenly to His…
Most Recent Studies
- The End of the World
- Is Experience Better Evidence for Truth?
- The End of All Things Is at Hand
- The Rich Man and Resurrection
- Who Were the Scoffers?
- Who Is the Rich Man?
- Why Would the Scoffers Ridicule Peter?
- What Was the Sin of the Pharisees?
- Ignoring the Time Statements
- Jesus’ Command to Make Friends
Most Read This Week
- Abraham apologetics atheism Christianity Christmas Epistles of Peter Epistle to the Galatians Eschatology Genesis Flood Godhead Gospel Gospel of Luke Jesus Kingdom of God Last Days naturalism New Testament History Paul Paul's 2nd Missionary Journey Paul's 3rd missionary journey Paul First Missionary Journey Paul in bonds Prophecy Redemption Religion salvation spiritual warfare Textual Criticism theory of evolution Walking with God
Possible Subjects of Interest70 Weeks Prophecy Abraham Adam Annas apologetics apostles authority Barnabas birth of Jesus Book of Acts Chris Christ Christianity circumcision Cross Crucifixion death end times faith False Doctrine false teachers Galatians gentiles God Gospel Gospel of John Grace High Priest Holy Spirit Isaac Jerusalem Jerusalem council Jesus Jesus is God Jewish authorities Jews John the Baptist Josephus Judgment Kingdom of God Law Law of Moses Love Luke Mary Messiah Moses Olivet Prophecy Passover Paul Paul's 2nd missionary journey persecution Peter Pharisees power prayer Prophecy Rebellion Redeemer Redemption Religion and Spirituality repentance Resurrection righteousness Saint Paul Saint Peter salvation Sarah Satan Second Coming sin Stephen Temple Theophilus theory of evolution
- 201,535 hits