This study is a slight departure from 1Peter, but it does have to do with an explanation of 1Peter 1:20. In a previous blogpost, The Overthrow of the World, I claimed that our salvation was foreknown before Adam’s rebellion. What does this mean, and how can we say that God didn’t decree (predestine) that men would rebel in order that he could ‘play-the-hero’ and save some of them, i.e. the elect (1Peter 1:1-2; cf. Isaiah 42:1; 45:4; Colossians 3:12)? The idea of God’s foreknowledge has been twisted by unbelievers in an effort to show God is evil and the ultimate cause of all the world’s trouble. God’s foreknowledge has also been misunderstood by some Christians to mean that he decreed some men would be saved, while he decreed others to be reprobates who could never be saved. What can we say of these things? Read the rest of this entry »
Tag Archives: imperfect
Who is Jesus?
Search Smoodock’s Blog
Eddie on Are There Two Comings of the… tiptopsaidhe on Are There Two Comings of the… Eddie on The Surprising Power of False… Dave White on The Surprising Power of False… Eddie on The Surprising Power of False… Dave White on The Surprising Power of False…
Most Recent Studies
- Did Jesus’ Kingdom Come on Pentecost?
- Receiving the Chief Publican
- When Was the Apocalypse Written?
- The Little Man Who Couldn’t See
- The Second Coming and Revelation 11
- Zacchaeus, the Chief Tax Collector
- What Was ‘About to’ Occur in Paul’s Day
- Lord, that I May See
- Jesus Coming in Judgment and to Rule
- A Contradiction in Luke?
Most Read This Week
- Abraham apologetics atheism Christianity Christmas Epistles of Peter Epistle to the Galatians Eschatology Genesis Flood Godhead Gospel Gospel of Luke Jesus Kingdom of God Last Days naturalism New Testament History Paul Paul's 2nd Missionary Journey Paul's 3rd missionary journey Paul First Missionary Journey Paul in bonds Prophecy Redemption Religion salvation spiritual warfare Textual Criticism theory of evolution Walking with God
Possible Subjects of Interest70 AD 70 Weeks Prophecy Abraham Adam Annas apologetics apostles authority Barnabas birth of Jesus Book of Acts Chris Christ Christianity circumcision Cross Crucifixion death end times faith False Doctrine false teachers Galatians gentiles God Gospel Gospel of John Grace healing High Priest Holy Spirit Isaac Jerusalem Jerusalem council Jesus Jesus is God Jewish authorities Jews John the Baptist Josephus Judgment Kingdom of God Law Law of Moses Love Luke Mary Messiah Moses Olivet Prophecy Paul Paul's 2nd missionary journey persecution Peter Pharisees power prayer Prophecy Rebellion Redeemer Redemption Religion and Spirituality repentance Resurrection Saint Paul Saint Peter salvation Satan Second Coming sin Stephen Temple Theophilus theory of evolution unbelief
- 215,859 hits