In Luke 20:1-2 Jesus gets a visit from members of the Sanhedrin. There were many sanhedrins throughout Judea and Galilee. They were the local courts of the land, composed of three or twenty-three members, populated by the Jewish leaders in each town. The chief court in Jerusalem, THE Sanhedrin, or the Supreme Court of the Jews, seems to have been composed of the three, twenty-three member courts at Jerusalem. It was made up of Pharisees, Sadducees and Jewish elders (considered to be the Jewish nobility). The high priest would preside over the assembly as its president or nasi, i.e. prince (cf. cf. Numbers 11:16; ). Read the rest of this entry »
Tag Archives: nasi
Who is Jesus?
Search Smoodock’s Blog
Eddie on The Apocalypse and the Tr… Douglas Gordon on The Apocalypse and the Tr… Eddie on What John Prophesied apocalypse2blog on What John Prophesied Eddie on What John Prophesied apocalypse2blog on What John Prophesied
Most Recent Studies
- Responsibility For the Witnesses Deaths
- Fire-Breathing Witnesses!
- Who Are the Two Witnesses?
- What Did the Two Witnesses Witness?
- The Holy City Is Trodden Down
- Measure the Temple of God
- What John Prophesied
- The Mysteries of Godliness and Iniquity
- The Mysteries of God
- Wanabee Prophets and the Apostles
Most Read This Week
- 70 AD Eschatology Abraham Apocalypse apologetics atheism Book of Revelation Christianity Christmas Epistles of Peter Epistle to the Galatians Eschatology Godhead Gospel Gospel of Luke Jesus Kingdom of God Last Days naturalism New Testament History Paul Paul's 2nd Missionary Journey Paul's 3rd missionary journey Paul in bonds Prophecy Religion salvation spiritual warfare Textual Criticism theory of evolution Walking with God
Possible Subjects of Interest70 AD 70 Weeks Prophecy Abraham Adam Annas apologetics apostles authority Book of Acts Chris Christ Christianity circumcision Cross Crucifixion death end of the age end times faith False Doctrine false teachers God Gospel Gospel of John Grace High Priest Holy Spirit Isaac Jerusalem Jesus Jesus is God Jewish authorities John John the Baptist Josephus Judgment Kingdom of God last days Law Law of Moses Love Luke Mary Messiah Moses Olivet Discourse Olivet Prophecy Passover Paul Paul's 2nd missionary journey persecution Peter Pharisees physical power prayer Prophecy Rebellion Redeemer repentance Resurrection Sadducees Saint Paul salvation Sanhedrin Second Coming sin spiritual Stephen Temple Theophilus theory of evolution truth unbelief worldview
- 318,683 hits