Jesus judgment against the Pharisees was that they scrupulously tithed even the smallest things (Leviticus 27:30), but they neglected the more important matters of the Law (Luke 11:42). The problem was they couldn’t count love for God and their fellow man (cf. Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Leviticus 19:18). Therefore, they neglected these more important matters, because they couldn’t measure them (cf. Mark 12:29-33). The whole of the Oral Law consisted of nitpicking matters similar to how far one could walk or how much one could carry on the Sabbath, and what constituted breaking one’s vow, and what was and what was not clean and other such matters. Read the rest of this entry »
Who is Jesus?
Search Smoodock’s Blog
Eddie on Understanding Prophetic Langua… Dave White on Understanding Prophetic Langua… Eddie on Premillennialism–Kingdom… librarygeek on Premillennialism–Kingdom… Eddie on The Lord Comes Suddenly to His… Bill on The Lord Comes Suddenly to His…
Most Recent Studies
- The End of the World
- Is Experience Better Evidence for Truth?
- The End of All Things Is at Hand
- The Rich Man and Resurrection
- Who Were the Scoffers?
- Who Is the Rich Man?
- Why Would the Scoffers Ridicule Peter?
- What Was the Sin of the Pharisees?
- Ignoring the Time Statements
- Jesus’ Command to Make Friends
Most Read This Week
- Abraham apologetics atheism Christianity Christmas Epistles of Peter Epistle to the Galatians Eschatology Genesis Flood Godhead Gospel Gospel of Luke Jesus Kingdom of God Last Days naturalism New Testament History Paul Paul's 2nd Missionary Journey Paul's 3rd missionary journey Paul First Missionary Journey Paul in bonds Prophecy Redemption Religion salvation spiritual warfare Textual Criticism theory of evolution Walking with God
Possible Subjects of Interest70 Weeks Prophecy Abraham Adam Annas apologetics apostles authority Barnabas birth of Jesus Book of Acts Chris Christ Christianity circumcision Cross Crucifixion death end times faith False Doctrine false teachers Galatians gentiles God Gospel Gospel of John Grace High Priest Holy Spirit Isaac Jerusalem Jerusalem council Jesus Jesus is God Jewish authorities Jews John the Baptist Josephus Judgment Kingdom of God Law Law of Moses Love Luke Mary Messiah Moses Olivet Prophecy Passover Paul Paul's 2nd missionary journey persecution Peter Pharisees power prayer Prophecy Rebellion Redeemer Redemption Religion and Spirituality repentance Resurrection righteousness Saint Paul Saint Peter salvation Sarah Satan Second Coming sin Stephen Temple Theophilus theory of evolution
- 201,394 hits