After his final meal, which he shared with his disciples, and when he had finished speaking, Jesus went out to the Mount of Olives (Luke 22:39). Many of the things that were recorded to have been done by Jesus recently were planned ahead of time and kept secret, no doubt, to avoid any prior knowledge on the part of Judas and the authorities who wished to arrest him. However, this was not so for Jesus’ choice of where to go on the Mount of Olives to spend the night, and Judas knew of this place on the mount. A way had to be made for Jesus’ arrest, but that event couldn’t happen until the prophesied time—the day the Passover lamb was slain.
Who is Jesus?
Search Smoodock’s Blog
June 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Eddie on The Timeframe for Gog and… Patricia Watkins on The Timeframe for Gog and… Eddie on The Millennium & the First… Patricia Watkins on The Millennium & the First… Eddie on The Millennium & the First… Patricia Watkins on The Millennium & the First…
Most Recent Studies
- New Jerusalem & Jerusalem that Is Above
- The New Jerusalem
- Death in the New Heaven and New Earth!
- The Alpha and the Omega
- I Make All Things New
- The New Heaven and the New Earth
- The Bride Adorned for Her Husband
- Death, Hell and the Book of Life
- The Judgment of the Just and the Unjust
- He Who Sat Upon the White Throne
Most Read This Week
- 70 AD Eschatology Abraham Apocalypse apologetics atheism Book of Revelation Christianity Christmas Epistles of Peter Epistle to the Galatians Eschatology Godhead Gospel Gospel of Luke Jesus Kingdom of God Last Days naturalism New Testament History Paul Paul's 2nd Missionary Journey Paul's 3rd missionary journey Paul in bonds Prophecy Religion salvation spiritual warfare Textual Criticism theory of evolution Walking with God
Possible Subjects of Interest70 AD 70 Weeks Prophecy Abraham Adam Annas apologetics apostles authority Book of Acts Chris Christ Christianity circumcision Cross Crucifixion death end of the age end times faith False Doctrine false teachers gentiles God Gospel Gospel of John Grace High Priest Holy Spirit Isaac Jerusalem Jesus Jesus is God Jewish authorities John John the Baptist Josephus Judgment Kingdom of God last days Law Love Luke Mary Messiah Moses Olivet Discourse Olivet Prophecy Passover Paul Paul's 2nd missionary journey persecution Peter Pharisees physical power prayer Prophecy Rebellion Redeemer repentance Resurrection Sadducees Saint Paul salvation Satan Second Coming sin spiritual Stephen Temple Theophilus theory of evolution truth unbelief worldview
- 343,694 hits