Many folks have used Revelation 1:7 to say that Jesus’ Second Coming has not yet occurred. After all, if every eye would see the Lord, coming on a lily white, cumulus cloud when he returns, and, given the fact that no one has reported seeing such a news worthy event up to this present day, then surely we must still look for Jesus’ Second Coming in the future. Personally, I think it is high time we stop shooting from the hip with the word of God and take the time to investigate what the text really says. Do you really believe you are able to interpret Jesus’ coming by understanding Biblical language in a 21st century context? We need to consider the fact that the whole Bible, that is, the first and second covenants, were written by Jews and for Jews, using a Jewish manner of speaking. In other words, we need to acquaint ourselves with the Jewish culture of the day, and take advantage of the Greek lexicons and other scholarly writings about the Bible available to us today. Read the rest of this entry »
Who is Jesus?
Search Smoodock’s Blog
Eddie on The Apocalypse and the Tr… Douglas Gordon on The Apocalypse and the Tr… Eddie on What John Prophesied apocalypse2blog on What John Prophesied Eddie on What John Prophesied apocalypse2blog on What John Prophesied
Most Recent Studies
- Responsibility For the Witnesses Deaths
- Fire-Breathing Witnesses!
- Who Are the Two Witnesses?
- What Did the Two Witnesses Witness?
- The Holy City Is Trodden Down
- Measure the Temple of God
- What John Prophesied
- The Mysteries of Godliness and Iniquity
- The Mysteries of God
- Wanabee Prophets and the Apostles
Most Read This Week
- 70 AD Eschatology Abraham Apocalypse apologetics atheism Book of Revelation Christianity Christmas Epistles of Peter Epistle to the Galatians Eschatology Godhead Gospel Gospel of Luke Jesus Kingdom of God Last Days naturalism New Testament History Paul Paul's 2nd Missionary Journey Paul's 3rd missionary journey Paul in bonds Prophecy Religion salvation spiritual warfare Textual Criticism theory of evolution Walking with God
Possible Subjects of Interest70 AD 70 Weeks Prophecy Abraham Adam Annas apologetics apostles authority Book of Acts Chris Christ Christianity circumcision Cross Crucifixion death end of the age end times faith False Doctrine false teachers God Gospel Gospel of John Grace High Priest Holy Spirit Isaac Jerusalem Jesus Jesus is God Jewish authorities John John the Baptist Josephus Judgment Kingdom of God last days Law Law of Moses Love Luke Mary Messiah Moses Olivet Discourse Olivet Prophecy Passover Paul Paul's 2nd missionary journey persecution Peter Pharisees physical power prayer Prophecy Rebellion Redeemer repentance Resurrection Sadducees Saint Paul salvation Sanhedrin Second Coming sin spiritual Stephen Temple Theophilus theory of evolution truth unbelief worldview
- 318,688 hits