I am presently considering Peter’s words at 2Peter 3:8, where Peter mentions that a day with the Lord is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day. Lots of folks, all futurists with respect to the coming of the Lord, want to use Peter’s words to explain the long delay in Jesus coming, as perceived by them, due to their erroneous eschatology. By ignoring the specific timeframe Peter placed upon the coming of Christ in his first epistle (cf. 2Peter 3:1), they make grandiose eschatological claims for an end of the universe and the end of time. The problem is they have no Biblical support for their overactive imaginations, so, in an effort to seem Biblically sound they redefine God’s word to fit their failed eschatological system. Read the rest of this entry »
Who is Jesus?
Search Smoodock’s Blog
Anne on How Long Did Paul Persecute… Eddie on How Long Did Paul Persecute… Anne on How Long Did Paul Persecute… Anne on How Long Did Paul Persecute… Eddie on How Long Did Paul Persecute… Anne on How Long Did Paul Persecute…
Most Recent Studies
- It Is Not Given for Them to Understand!
- Are YOU the King of the Jews?
- With the Sound of a Trumpet
- The Charges Against Jesus
- When Did the Old Covenant End?
- Jesus’ Trial Before the Whole Sanhedrin
- A Very Weak Argument for Division
- Peter Denies Knowing Jesus
- Is ‘But’ the Continental Divide?
- The Disciples Forsook Jesus
Most Read This Week
- 70 AD Eschatology Abraham apologetics atheism Christianity Christmas Epistles of Peter Epistle to the Galatians Eschatology Godhead Gospel Gospel of Luke Jesus Kingdom of God Last Days naturalism New Testament History Paul Paul's 2nd Missionary Journey Paul's 3rd missionary journey Paul First Missionary Journey Paul in bonds Prophecy Redemption Religion salvation spiritual warfare Textual Criticism theory of evolution Walking with God
Possible Subjects of Interest70 AD 70 Weeks Prophecy Abraham Adam Annas apologetics apostles authority Barnabas birth of Jesus Book of Acts Chris Christ Christianity circumcision Cross Crucifixion death end of the age end times faith False Doctrine false teachers gentiles God Gospel Gospel of John Grace High Priest Holy Spirit Isaac Jerusalem Jesus Jesus is God Jewish authorities John the Baptist Josephus Judgment Kingdom of God Law Law of Moses Love Luke Mary Messiah Moses Olivet Prophecy Passover Paul Paul's 2nd missionary journey persecution Peter Pharisees physical power prayer Prophecy Rebellion Redeemer Redemption repentance Resurrection Sadducees Saint Paul salvation Sanhedrin Satan Second Coming sin spiritual Stephen Temple Theophilus theory of evolution unbelief
- 248,152 hits