The Book of Daniel
In effect Daniel is all about one prophecy. The prophecy is given in chapter two and has to do with Nebuchadnezzar’s dream, which only Daniel could interpret for the king. This dream told of four empires: Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome. Certainly there were more empires than these, but God is not interested in the world’s great empires per se. He is interested only in those powers that affect his people. God’s chief interest is and has always been in the Jews, even Christianity has not changed that. To be sure, God calls Christians his family, but the point is that God has not cast off his people, the Jews. They are under his discipline. In any case, nearly all of Daniel is about Nebuchadnezzar’s vision in one way or another. All the visions that Daniel had afterward were further amplifications of that single dream. The ten toes (Daniel 2:40-44), for example, are the same as the ten horns of Daniel chapter seven. The four empires described from the different parts of the body of the figure in Nebuchadnezzar’s dream (Daniel 2:26-45) are the same as the four beasts (Daniel 7: 1-28) described later.
The Book of Revelation in the New Testament is another book which points to the end times. If one reads both the book of Daniel and Revelation together, one cannot help but believe they are speaking of many of the same things, but each addresses matters with different pictures but the same numbers—seven, ten, and two are mentioned. Nevertheless, Daniel ends with the angel telling him that what he prophesies is for a long way off, but Revelation says the time is at hand. What does all this mean? Is it true that the end times last for nearly 2000 years or is something else meant? I have addressed this question in the studies below. What I claim is not according to what we hear today in the most vocal Christian circles. Nevertheless, even if I am wrong in my conclusion, what I offer here should have some meaning. Too many things fit together to be completely wrong. If you take the time to read, why not leave a comment and tell me what you think.
- The Ten Horns of Daniel 7
- The Little Horn of Daniel 7
- The Seven Headed Beast of Revelation
- Daniel’s Seventy Weeks Prophecy
- The Temple Was Built by Whose Decree?
- The Ancient Hebrew Calendar
- Seventy Years of Babylonian Rule
- The 70 Weeks Prophecy Begins When?
- The 490 Years Begins Here!
- The Seventy Weeks Prophecy Fulfilled–looking at the Angels words of Daniel 9
- Daniel Foretold the Coming of Herod
- Daniel Brings us from Herod to Golgotha
- Daniel’s 70 Weeks Prophecy and the 1260 Days
- Daniel’s 70 Weeks Prophecy and the 1290 Days
- Daniel’s 70 Weeks Prophecy and the 1335 Days
- The Abomination of Desolation
- Abomination that Makes Desolate
- The Four Passovers in Jesus’ Public Ministry
- The Significance of Stephan’s Death
- Chronology–Jesus’ Ascension to Stephen’s Death
- A Chronology of Jesus’ Last Days!